Traveling to a foreign country is nothing less than an adventure. It requires you to make clever decisions, stay unperturbed by the cultural and social differences, and remain at ease in situations where everything is foreign in every conceivable way. However, before going on a wild, wonderful journey, you need to get a visa.
Normally, a foreign national who wishes to enter another country needs either a permanent residence immigrant visa or a temporary stay nonimmigrant visa.
How to apply for a tourist or a nonimmigrant visa?
- The first step towards acquiring a tourist visa is to know the reason for your travel. You do not have to be someone visiting the country as a pleasure tourist alone to apply under the tourist visa category. Visitor visas are also granted to those looking to study in the country, planning to attend conventions or looking to undergo medical treatment in the country.
- Once you know the reason for your travel, complete the visa application online. Filling up the form takes around an hour and requires you to mention your current plans for travel and your current residence. Depending on the country of travel, you will also be asked to attach several other documents along with your application. Apart from this, you may also need to prepare for a security clearance.
- The last and final round is the interview. You must schedule an interview appointment for your visa, generally, at the foreign nation’s consulate in the country you live. The wait time for appointments may vary by season, location, and visa category, so you must apply for your tourist visa as early as possible.
Important documents for a tourist visa:
Prepare or gather the following documents before going for the visa interview:
- A valid Passport – your passport should be valid for a minimum of six months beyond your duration of stay in the foreign nation.
- Print out of the confirmation page of your nonimmigrant visa application and payment receipt.
- Some administrative agencies may also ask you to bring your latest photograph in the format described in the photograph requirement section.
Is the visa application form too confusing? Don’t have the required documents?
It is wise to have your documents prepared by an expert to be on the safer side. At Continental Immigration, we do not just help you apply for the tourist visa but we also guide you to handle visa formalities with upmost professionalism. From collecting the right documents to preparing a descriptive itinerary, we make sure you are prepared. Call us now for consultation!